Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is run by Yahoo! UK Limited (company number 03244285), 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD, United Kingdom ("Yahoo!").
2. By entering this competition you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time become binding between you and Yahoo!. Your participation in the competition is in consideration for Yahoo! allowing you to enter it and giving you the opportunity to win.
3. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the competition. There is no fee charged to enter into this competition other than the cost of you accessing the Internet - which you would otherwise have done anyway.
4. You must be over 13 years old and a resident within the United Kingdom to enter this competition and receive the prize if you win.
5. Employees of Yahoo! or any of its group companies or agencies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter or participate. Entrants will be deemed be the natural person to whom the twitter account (provided on entry) is registered..
6. To be eligible, you must have a Twitter account. You should upload your video (no longer than 6 seconds) or a photograph explaining why you are proud of One Direction to Twitter and then tweet your video or photograph to Yahoo!@YahooOmgUK using the following hashtag: #ThisIsMe and #1DMoviePremiere. No responsibility is accepted for lost or corrupted entries due to technical issues.
7. You agree to comply with the Twitter Rules, the terms governing any product you use to produce any User Content (as defined in section 14 below) and any other applicable laws or regulations applying to this competition. You may not enter this competition more than once.
You may not create more than one Twitter account for the purposes of entering this competition. Anyone found using multiple accounts to enter this competition will be disqualified.
8. Entries must be received not later than 1300 hours (UK time) on 15 August 2013 at which time the offer of this competition will end.
9. The prize is the chance for your video or photograph to appear in the Yahoo! Live Stream of the One Direction: This is Us” film premiere, taking place at Leicester Square on 20 August 2013(subject to availability). There is no cash alternative instead of the prize.
10. Yahoo! will select an independent judge who will choose the winners from amongst the complete and correct entries on 16 August 2013. The winner will be announced on Twitter and contacted via direct message on Twitter only. No other forms of communication will be used. The winner’s details may also be posted on the Yahoo! website.
11. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact winners. If a winner cannot be contacted within 1 day of the relevant competition end date, the prize will revert to Yahoo! and may be awarded to another entrant at Yahoo!’s absolute discretion.
(b) If you are a winner of a prize, Yahoo! may use your information collected during the competition for marketing or promotional purposes, including using your name and likeness to announce the winners online as described above in section 9.
14. User Content
13 (a) Any images, messages, comments, text, data, audio or graphics that are posted, tweeted or submitted by you as part of your entry into this competition, are “User Content”.
13 (b) You represent and warrant that:
(i) you own the User Content or have the right to post or otherwise distribute it;
(ii) any User Content is your original work and you have the right to post it; you will not include images or content that infringe anyone else’s intellectual property rights, these terms or conditions or could reasonably be considered indecent or immoral
(iii) the User Content does not include any products, brand names, logos, signs, artwork, posters or other material in the foreground or background that is owned by anyone other than you;
(iv) the User Content does not include advertisements or solicitations of business, or company names, including, but not limited to, any of Yahoo!’s competitors;
(v) the User Content is complete and accurate, not misleading or illegal;
13(c) you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies that are owed to any person by reason of any User Content posted by you through or in connection with this competition;
13(d) you are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, store or upload through or in connection with this competition, including any material or information that you transmit to other users. Yahoo! reserves the right to remove, delete, screen and/or edit any User Content at any time and without notice. Yahoo! does not endorse any User Content and takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto.
13(e) you may undertake digital image manipulation in order to optimise an image, but adding or removing key elements of the image is not allowed. Composite or montage images, from more than one original image, are not eligible for entry into this competition. Posting images of the work of others is allowed but only if the image portrays such work as an object in its environment and as long as it does not violate any rights of others.
13(f) you will retain copyright and moral rights in all images that you submit as part of this competition.
13(g) By posting and/or submitting User Content through, or in connection with this competition, you grant Yahoo! its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, publicly display, publicly perform, publish or distribute any User Content in connection with the Competition in any online or offline media.
13(h) Any commercial opportunities that arise in respect of your User Content will be notified to you and you will be free to negotiate terms independently of this competition. You can decline any commercial usage licences that may offered to you and such action will not affect your chances of being chosen as a winning entry.
15. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Yahoo! is not responsible for any loss or damage associated with you entering into this competition, the carrying out of the draw or the provision or otherwise of any aspect of any prize or any act or omission of any other person or party, and all warranties, conditions and representations (of any kind) not expressly set out in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
16. Yahoo! may terminate these terms and conditions, the competition or any prize:
a. if you do not comply with any of these terms and conditions or are unlikely to do so;
b. if Yahoo! decides, in its absolute discretion, to withdraw the competition, which it may do so at any time, if any circumstances beyond Yahoo!’s reasonable control prevent or restrict Yahoo! or any other person or party from providing the prize or any aspect of the prize.
17. You agree that (unless applicable law requires otherwise) any right that you have under applicable law to cancel ends when the winner of the competition is announced. If thereafter you cannot participate in any prize for reasons beyond your reasonable control, you must notify Yahoo! and Yahoo! may in its absolute discretion give that prize to someone else.
18. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations, or subcontract your obligations, under these terms and conditions, such as giving a prize to anyone else, without Yahoo!’s prior written consent. Yahoo! may assign or transfer its rights or obligations, or subcontract its obligations, under these terms and conditions without your consent.
19. Yahoo! or its licensors retain and reserves all rights in all aspects of the competition and each prize, including all derivatives, developments, modifications and improvements.
20. These terms and conditions, and any instructions from Yahoo!, constitute the entire agreement between you and Yahoo!, superseding any prior agreements between you and Yahoo!. Any failure or delay by Yahoo! in exercising or enforcing, or partial exercise or enforcement of, any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision (or waive any further exercise or enforcement) or any other right or provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
21. These terms and conditions and all matters arising from or in connection with them are governed by English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any such dispute.
Top stories on Yahoo Celebrity
1 - 8 of 8
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 31
Top videos on Yahoo Celebrity
1 - 4 of 5