Simon Cowell was shaken up after a 29-year-old woman broke into his house on Saturday.
The music mogul was at his home in West London watching his appearance on Jonathan Ross when he heard a loud bang at around 10.30pm and rushed upstairs to investigate.
He then came face to face with the intruder, who was standing in the bathroom holding a brick.
Simon's spokesman Max Clifford told The Sun: "It was a very frightening experience for Simon, who told me it was like something from a horror movie."
[Related article: David Walliams pokes fun at Simon Cowell's sexuality]
Max added that the woman had used the brick to smash through the window, although it wasn't clear how long she had been there. Simon's on-site security team took charge until the police arrived.
The woman, Leanne Zaloumis has today been remanded in custody until June 12th after appearing at West London Magistrates' Court today.
The 29-year-old, of Brownhill Road, Catford, south-east London, appeared at West London Magistrates' Court - speaking only to confirm her name and address.
It is thought the 52-year-old is increasing security after the "over-zealous fan" managed to break in.
He had previously claimed his houses were "as safe as the Bank of England" when US reports suggested in 2007 his London home had been targeted by thieves.
[Related article: Britain's Got Talent proves it's all about the performance too]
[Related article: Simon Cowell won't bother watching The Voice]
His ITV show had an average of 9.4million viewers overall compared with The Voice's 8.4million, but during the 20-minute overlap it is reported The Voice had 2.4million more viewers that BGT.
Simon's BGT co-judge David Walliams made light of the situation by tweeting late last night: "Yes I admit it. I broke into @SimonCowell's house last night dressed as a woman."