Dannii Minogue turns down X Factor offer, back to the drawing board

It sounds like Dannii Minogue will definitely NOT return to X Factor.

Dannii Minogue, X FactorDannii Minogue isn't returning to X Factor. Copyright [Wenn]

With Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh confirmed for the next series of X Factor and Tulisa Contostavlos said to be returning too, that just leaves Kelly Rowland's seat free.

X Factor bosses were apparently so keen to get former judge Dannii Minogue back on the talent show they upped their offer £750,000 to £1million on Wednesday night, according to the Mirror.

[Related article: Simon Cowell banished from UK in bid to bring Dannii Minogue back to X Factor?]

However, when Dannii Minogue turned down that X Factor offer too, bosses took the deal off the table.

X Factor execs reportedly claim Dannii Minogue wanted £5million but her friends say the real reason she turned down the offer was because she wanted to spend more time in Australia with Ethan.

Dannii Minogue, X FactorDannii Minogue was on X Factor panel with Simon, Louis and Cheryl. Copyright [Wenn]

Earlier this month Dannii Minogue told a magazine she wanted to make time to be a mum.

We have to say we're not hugely surprised Dannii Minogue turned down the chance to return to X Factor UK, as that Simon Cowell scandal would be hanging over her head.

[Related article: Gary Barlow backing Dannii Minogue's X Factor return]

It was revealed in Tom Bower's biography of the music mogul that Simon Cowell and Dannii Minogue had a fling. It is thought that wasn't a help in tempting Dannii back to X Factor. Hardly surprising.

X Factor now needs to sign up the fourth judge in time for the new auditions on Wednesday in Liverpool.

At least we know Dermot O'Leary is definitely back as host.